FHS Boys Hoops season is finally back!
Tryouts at 5:30 pm on Monday, May 10th. At Ferndale High School Gymnasium.
Tryouts at 2:30-5:00 on Tuesday May 11th. At Ferndale High School Gymnasium.
In order to be eligible to participate in Tryouts you must be cleared by the FHS athletic Department. Players will not be allowed to tryout if not cleared. We will not be able to make any exceptions.
- By Friday, May 7th complete this checklist:
- All fees.
- Physical exam.
- Skyward forms online must be completed and a current physical on file
- District and HS checklist covered and cleared by the Athletic Dept. See Katie Kruckeberg for any info about these requirements. email:
Players who are not cleared cannot participate in tryouts.
- Tryouts will determine the rosters after 2 days. All players will need to have masks, their own water bottle and will not have access to locker rooms. They will be checked in with temp screenings and log ins so we can follow COVID tracing protocol.
- Strict COVID protocols start from the second a player walks into the gym, required and maintained until he leaves the gym. The protocols:
- Players will practice in PODS of 6-8 players and must remain in the same PODS throughout the practice.
- Masks required during practice and during games while on the bench. Masks NOT required for players in the game.
- Our practice schedule:
- Tuesday and Thursdays right after school.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 5: 30 pm
- Saturday, 2 hours sometime between 8am-Noon when there’s no game. Games on Saturday can be at any time of the day
Tryouts will be for C team, JV team and Varsity Team. Each player will be informed if they made a team before the end of tryouts on Tuesday, May 11th
The Basketball Season will run from May 10th thru June 18th, 2021
Cant wait to finally get back in the gym.
If you have any questions please contact Jason Owens
FHS Boys Hoops Coaching Staff
Jason Owens, Head Coach
Mike McKenzie (Coach Pak), Mental Conditioning & Peak Performance Coach
Tim Litovchenko, Varsity Assistant Coach
Hunter Crim—JV Coach
Reid Benson—‘C’ Team Coach